Richard Crowe is the founding partner of Gilchrist Ross Crowe Architects.
He loves a challenge and to “figure things out”. He enjoys thinking outside of the “box” to find unconventional yet simple elegant solutions to complex issues. His skills lie primarily in the area of design and the BIM workflow process in the architectural office. Both paradigms are similar in their goal of creating order from disorder.
With over 10 years of hands-on experience, he is considered to be an expert in the BIM technology with the ArchiCAD software. He has personally setup the processes and built over 40 virtual buildings ranging from small highly detailed financial institutions to technology facilities and institutional buildings exceeding 200,000 GSF.
Richard loves a challenge and to “figure things out”. He enjoys thinking outside of the “box” to find unconventional yet simple elegant solutions to complex issues.
He is passionate about looking at each problem with “fresh eyes” in its own unique realm yet he has the hands-on experience as a professional architect for over 20 years. He is considered to be an “expert-user” with ArchiCAD and has a long relationship with Graphisoft, the maker of ArchiCAD. This relationship began in 1999 when Richard was asked by Graphisoft to lead their design Team competing in the international CADD Shootout Competition in Los Angeles. Graphisoft won the competition for the first time and was recognized as the Best Overall CAD software.
Richard enjoys both Alpha and Beta Testing as well as working with the Graphisoft development team on ArchiCAD’s future. He is passionate about off-road riding and bikes four days per week. He still sketches and builds furniture when time allows. Other hobbies include water coloring and frisbee.
- Large Intuitional Projects
- Pharmacy Building and Research Wing, Florida A&M University
- Ruby Diamond Concert Hall, Florida State University
- Wildwood Halls Housing Project, Florida State University
- Degraff Halls Housing Project, Florida State University
- Soccer and Softball Sports Complex, Florida State University
- East Wing of School of Business and Industry, Florida A&M University
- Unique Design Solutions
- Flightline FBO Terminal, Tallahassee, Florida, Tallahassee, Florida
- Corporate Head quarters for Associated Industries of Florida
- Four Oaks Church and Community Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Jack Mclean Pools and Community Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Community Christian Church, Tallahassee, Florida
- Holy Spirit Episcopal Church, Tallahassee, Florida
- Wilo Emo
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture, University of Florida, 1978 Master of Architecture, Virginia Polytechnic Institute , 1984